The Australasian Society of Cosmetic Dermatologists (ASCD) is a business unit providing education and training activities under the Skin Health Institute Inc (SHI), with individual affiliation (members are known as Affiliates) open to all Australian and New Zealand dermatologists and dermatology trainees.
The ASCD activities are supported by:
- Advisory Committee comprising 16 individual dermatologists
- Affiliated individual Australian and NZ dermatologists (currently 160)
- Affiliated organisations with similar goals of cosmetic dermatology education
- Friends of ASCD – eminent overseas dermatologists and leading other practitioners in cosmetic dermatology who contribute to the ASCD program
- Industry sponsor group, which includes support for the forthcoming ASCD journal
The ASCD was established in 2013. In 2019, the New Zealand Society of Dermatologists formed the NZ chapter of the ASCD, and contribute a member to the Advisory Committee.
To share dermatologists’ expertise and deliver quality training in cosmetic dermatology to improve care for patients.
To be internationally recognised as the source of dermatology expertise that is shared with those delivering cosmetic skin care and procedures.
We provide education and training in cosmetic dermatology.
We help cosmetic practitioners to develop their expertise and optimise patient care.
Associate Professor Greg Goodman