The Australasian Society of Cosmetic Dermatologists (ASCD) is a business unit providing education and training activities under the Cosmetic Dermatologists Education Inc, with individual affiliation (members are known as Affiliates) open to all Australian and New Zealand dermatologists and dermatology trainees.
The ASCD is governed by a subcommittee of the CDE Board, chaired by Professor Greg Goodman.
The ASCD activities are supported by:
- The ASCD Board, comprising 13 individual dermatologists
- Affiliated individual Australian and NZ dermatologists (currently 160)
- Affiliated organisations with similar goals of cosmetic dermatology education
- Friends of ASCD – eminent overseas dermatologists and leading other practitioners in cosmetic dermatology who contribute to the ASCD program
- Industry sponsor group, which includes support for the forthcoming ASCD journal
The ASCD was established in 2013. In 2019, the New Zealand Society of Dermatologists formed the NZ chapter of the ASCD, and contribute a member to the ASCD Board.